Monday, February 06, 2006

I HUNGER

I wake up to a caffeine, cigarette vaccine
and bathe in water I wouldn't drink before gasoline
I feel like a loser because I'm not in Fallujah
painting a land-cruiser with an Iraqi then taking his Ruger
I'm in a deli eating Tuna to chase the mercury
I wash it down with a $2 bottle of water
then I get on the subway and I'm only thinking of terrorists with box cutters
maybe I'm crazy, but I will not just follow the herd
unless, of course, it's a group to lynch Mike Bloomberg
we get hit by the gas pumps
and all the Saudi citizens are just like, "FUCK YOU!"
if the opposite of PRO is a CON
then look beyond this
the opposite of CONGRESS must be PROGRESS
two F-16's pierce the iridescent sky
we look down and we're not in Iraq, we're in NY
rats in the streets
we move underground like earthworms
too close
we couldn't even abort Satan in his first term
the army in the subways walking with tools
I'm on the train with the back of the dollar bill still talking to me
you've seen the news, no joke
the New York Pig Department will blast you
little Jimmy from Jackson
just graduated from Mississippi, right into the action
face up in the bed, almost dead
an IV bag and no legs
a few sandwiches and a bunch of bloody bandages,
he got the word that his unit didn't make it
shit, it's a free ticket home
too bad he flat lined before he got to take it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home