Friday, September 08, 2006

get off my elevator

"Sometimes, yo, I just wanna punch the people who don't live in this building. You know what I mean? They come to visit their friends and they treat me like shit, but this is my building and my elevator."

The wisdom from my doormen never ceases to amaze.

I wish I didn't have class so early, I couldn't even open my eyes for the first 5 minutes of being awake this morning. My mom was nice enough to get me some tea, which is more than I can ask for at such an ungodly hour. I can't even eat this early, I don't even feel hunger. I just get up and do this stupid routine and get on the same fucking train and see the same fucking people in the same fucking places...

I bought McDonalds breakfast and that (plus the thai-stick I'm smoking) is the highlight of my day, and this probably won't change until I go back to Ithaca.

I've managed to impress most of my teachers, but my bullshit is impeccable. I'm still smarter than all these other misanthropic jerks.

My room smells like stale pot and dust.
I'm getting better at the NYT crossword puzzles everyday.
My back hurts from slouching.

I watched Half Nelson last night, and I was pleasantly surprised. Ryan Gosling is an incredible actor and Shareeka Epps was fucking AWESOME. It's a pretty depressing movie with a lot of pretty, albeit cliche, cinematography and dialogue. It sort of reminded me of The Basketball Diaries. Whatevs, I recommend it.

Also: Mr. Lif and Kool Keith are playing tomorrow and sunday at Bowery, I really want to go, but I don't have anyone to go with. See NYT today in the Arts section for a hilarious photo of Kool Keith.

Don't say this
Don't say that
Change your lyrics
Everybody's a critic
And it's getting kind of hectic

The facts are presented neutrally so that the public can make up its own mind.
Men act heroically to defend their country.
People are given what they want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home