Wednesday, August 30, 2006

summertime

We would sit on the stoop for hours, even though it wasn't ours. The people from that building loved us anyhow, we were there so often. The black guy with the funny clothes who thought you were my sister and told us how bad every school in the city is. The old woman who thought skateboarding was 'suburban' and told me she worried about me getting hurt. Every monday night at The Silver Swan, and all the sleepovers afterwards. Drew, Jack, Petey, and Keith. Renting movies and smoking pot on your terrace. Falling asleep on my bed, in the middle of every movie and waking up at 4:30 in the morning just to call your parents and tell them you're sleeping over. Your house in New Jersey, and all the nights spent on the beach and on that same lifeguard post. My country house where we smoked pot with my mom and ate good food. Listening to reggae and Bob Dylan on your floor when it was so hot and we did too much cocaine.

Does this sound strange to you?

Olly olly oxen free!
Shout it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home