Tuesday, August 29, 2006

rescue

I'm hiding from my father's cancer.

I sort of patented this idea for a way of smoking pot in bed. It's a solo act unless you have a big bed and a huge blanket. Roll up a joint and get in bed. Pull the blanket over your whole body and tuck it in tight, there shouldn't be any holes for the smoke to get out. Grab a book or your laptop and put on some music, by the end of the joint you won't be able to see through all the smoke and you'll be too high to care. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do it, because if an asshole like me can think it up, some old stoner has probably been doing it for years.

I've been reading Kierkegaard recently, and although his ideas aren't exactly 'new' but aren't exactly 'old' either, he's pretty spot on. Honestly, subjectivity is truth. Yourself is the last and ultimate judge of the world. And it takes doubt to have faith, because what is knowledge without the power to think? For someone to really have faith in God, they would also have to doubt that God exists; the doubt is the rational part of a person's thought, without which the faith would have no real substance. For example, it takes no faith to believe that a television or a chair exists, when you're seeing it and feeling it. In the same way, to have true faith in God is to know that you have no perceptual access to God, and yet still have faith in God. (drug trips don't count, because tricking your mind with chemicals does not count as a spiritual experience.)

Someone told me I was weird last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home