Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Slightly amused

A fellow who was a constant worrier visited Charles A. Tindley one day in 1916. After listening a while, Tindley replied, "My advice to you is put all your troubles in a sack, take 'em to the Lord, and leave 'em there."

There are these invisible orbits around us all. I am afraid of heights. I have not changed much since I was young. I have certainly grown, not grown up. Like an addict, I'm cursed in a good way, I've done it so long, I'm not sure how not to. Everything is shortcuts and text messages.

When I was 12 years old I dropped acid. I took 3 tabs in an East Hampton Community College dorm room with a bunch of college kids passing around a joint. The tabs were being kept in an old fish food container and I was hesitant but Zach said he would do them too so I jumped in head first. Zach's sister drove us back to his house and while having a cigarette in the driveway, the first wave of the trip hit me violently. I saw shadows dance and trees bend. I watched a few hours of an Undressed marathon on MTV. I walked around the edge of the pool and tried not to fall in. In the middle of the trip I got hungry, and as I was eating pizza, Zach's mom walked in. She asked what I was doing and I told her I was eating. She told me to go to bed. She had no idea what I was going through. Needless to say, her unexpected entrance into my trip had landed her the unfortunate role as a demon from the darkest depths of hell. When she left the room I was so confused I forgot about the pizza. I sat on Zach's front steps and my legs were shaking and I was freaking out. I fell asleep at 7 in the morning, and slept almost the entire next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home